Everyone who drives in Georgia is required to carry auto insurance. This is in case you get into an Atlanta car accident and somebody gets hurt. Sometimes this means your insurance carrier needs to pay for your medical expenses and property damage. Other times it means that you’re required to cover other peoples’ injuries. It all depends on the facts of your case.
Most of the time, your claim will be paid. The general rule is that, the smaller the claim, the better chances it will be paid without question, Insurance companies aren’t going to spend more to fight a claim than they would spend to pay it. But if you’re involved in a serious accident, your claim may be quite large. In situations like this, it may make more sense for the insurance company to fight your claim. They figure they can settle it for much less down the road. Or, they may feel there’s a chance that they won’t have to pay at all.
It’s in cases where your claim is denied that you need to retain an experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer. They have been dealing with the auto insurance companies for years, maybe decades. They know how to negotiate a settlement of your claim. And, if need be, they know how to file a car accident lawsuit on your behalf. This is why it’s crucial that you contact a skilled car accident lawyer in Georgia as soon as possible after your crash.
The Reason You Hire an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer is to Get Damages
As much as car accident victims say they want justice, what they really want is compensation for their accident. This may be due to a ton of medical bills. Or, the accident victim missed a lot of time from work and want to be reimbursed for lost wages. Regardless of the facts of your case, you may be entitled to certain damages. Your Atlanta car accident lawyer knows how to prove your damages and will work hard to do so.
In Atlanta, you can demand the following types of damages:
- Medical bills – You can certainly demand compensation for any medical bills you incur as a result of your Atlanta car accident. This includes things like hospital bills and prescription costs. You will only receive compensation for any out of pocket medical expenses. You can also demand compensation for any future medical treatment you’ll need.
- Lost wages – If you missed time from work, you can demand reimbursement. You do need to miss at least a week or two in order to demand this sort of compensation. For some accident victims, they are out of work for months at a time. This can add up to a lot of money.
- Lost future income – If your accident leaves you disabled, you may not be able to work again. Or, if you do, you may not be able to do the same kind of work you did before the accident. Your Atlanta car accident lawyer is going to demand that you be compensated for the difference between what you would have earned versus what you’ll actually earn due to your injuries.
- Pain and Suffering – If you sustain serious injuries in your crash, you may be entitled to pain and suffering. These are the damages intended to pay you for any mental and physical anguish caused by the accident.
- Property Damage – Of course, you deserve to be compensated for the costs to repair or replace your vehicle.
Your Atlanta car accident attorney is going to demand any or all of these things. Since each case is unique, you won’t know what you’re entitled to until you meet with your car accident lawyer.
Contact a Seasoned Car Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Sooner Rather than Later
If you get into a serious car accident in Atlanta, you may have a claim for damages. The best way to know for sure is to talk to an experienced car accident attorney in Georgia. They can sit down and review your case. They’ll answer any questions you may have. They’ll also give you an idea of what your claim may be worth.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation today. You don’t have to pay anything to meet with your lawyer for the first time. Let one of our expert attorneys review your case and give you an idea of the road ahead. The insurance company will have lawyers working for them and you should too.