Have you or your loved one recently suffered a spinal cord injury in Georgia? Are you wondering whether or not you deserve to be compensated for the injury? Well, if you are working with the best Decatur spine injury lawyer, you can count on the best results.
The Super Lawyer should be your first choice when looking for a spinal injury lawyer in Georgia. Call us now and let us make sure you receive compensation for your injuries. There is no cost for a consultation with one of our Decatur personal injury lawyers.
What Are Some of the Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Georgia?
There are many causes of spinal cord injuries. Here are some of the most common:
If you suffer an injury to your back while at work, you may suffer a spinal cord injury. It could be anything from a heavy object falling on you or slipping and falling. Whatever it is, you need to be compensated fully for the injuries you have suffered.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Have you or your loved one been involved in a motor vehicle accident? The impact of car accidents and truck accidents can lead to spinal cord injuries. Pedestrians and motorcycle riders have little protection in an accident, putting them at higher risk of spinal cord injuries.
Slip and Falls
Slips and falls are yet another common cause of spinal cord injuries. Whether you are on private or public property, you can claim compensation if the property owner or manager didn’t keep the premises safe.
Sporting and Recreation Accidents
If you are an athlete, you may suffer a spinal cord injury if you are hurt in a sporting accident. Sometimes, defective equipment is a factor in these accidents.
Have you been a victim of violence? It could be a burglary gone wrong or domestic violence that caused spinal cord injuries. Whatever it is, you need serious medical attention and compensation for the injuries suffered.
What Are the Common Types of Spinal Cord Injuries?
If you have suffered spinal cord injuries, they could be in any of the following categories.
Quadriplegia refers to a spinal cord injury that leads to paralysis from the neck going downwards including the legs, trunk, and arms. This type of spinal cord injury happens when there is damage to the base of the skull or neck.
Triplegia refers to a spinal cord injury (often referred to as incomplete) where three limbs are paralyzed. It results in loss of sensation and movement in both legs and one arm.
Paraplegia is a spinal cord injury that affects the movement of the lower half of your body. It happens when an injury or illness affects the nervous system, especially the part that controls the lower half of your body. As a paraplegic, you will have a hard time moving your stomach muscles, feet, and legs.
Why Should You Hire a Spinal Injury Lawyer in Decatur, GA?
If you have suffered any type of spinal cord injury, you need to seek compensation. That’s because the medical costs will pile up after the injury. Here are some of the ways we can help you at The Super Lawyer firm.
1. Once you contact us, we will review your case for free and answer all the questions you might have. We will give you all the possible options so you can understand what needs to happen next.
2. We will gather the necessary evidence regarding the cause of your spinal cord injury. Our job is to identify who is at fault and make sure that you are fully compensated for your injuries.
3. We will file your compensation claim, especially if you don’t have any experience handling legal claims. We will use the right documentation and follow the right procedures to avoid any rejection due to small inconveniences.
4. Next, we will identify the possible ways to make sure you are fully compensated for your spinal cord injury claim. We will negotiate with the insurers and the accused parties to make sure you receive your compensation without fail.
5. We will work with doctors and other spinal cord injury experts to make sure we understand the impact of your injuries and how much you deserve to be compensated.
6. If the settlement negotiations fail with the other party, we will take your lawsuit to court and make sure you receive a fair settlement.
Choosing The Super Lawyer Decatur, GA for your spinal cord injury should be the first thing you do after suffering an injury. With our expertise, we will make sure that you are fully compensated. Even better, we will not take any of your money until we make sure that you have been compensated.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Spinal Cord Injury Claim in Decatur, GA?
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury in Georgia, you have 2 years from the date of the accident to file a claim. You need to speak to The Super Lawyer immediately after the injury so we can start working on your case.
How Much Are Spinal Cord Injuries Worth?
You should be compensated for the following after suffering a spinal cord injury in Georgia.
1. Past and future medical expenses since spinal cord injuries can be quite expensive to treat medically. You should be compensated for any medical equipment, medical costs, and future medical expenses you will incur from the injury.
2. Any lost income due to the injuries suffered since it’s less likely that you will go back to work. As such, you will be unable to get an income as you did before.
3. Pain and suffering as a result of the injury, especially psychological pain and any other types of non-economic losses.
Call Our Decatur Spine Injury Lawyers Today!
Calling a Decatur spine injury lawyer should be the first thing you do after suffering a spinal cord injury. At The Super Lawyer, we will fight to make sure that you are fully compensated. Even better, we will not take any of your money until we make sure that you have been compensated.
As your attorney, we are ready to start working on your case. Call us now at 866-4-LAW-411 for a free consultation. With our experience, we can make sure that you receive the best legal advice for your case. We are here to help and let you heal as we handle the legal side of everything.