Back injuries are some of the most common injuries suffered in accidents in Decatur, Georgia. Even a minor back injury can lead to severe pain and disrupt the day-to-day activities of your life. It diminishes the quality of your life and impacts your ability to earn a living. When you suffer back injuries due to someone else’s fault, you are eligible to obtain compensation for your injuries from the at-fault party.
Proving negligence in Georgia isn’t easy. That is why you need to work with a qualified and experienced Decatur back injury lawyer when you are seeking maximum compensation for your injuries.
The Super Lawyer is your trusted partner in Decatur, GA for all your personal injury lawsuits. Reginald A. Greene is known as “The Super Lawyer” in Decatur for his high level of experience, skills, and commitment to obtaining the maximum benefits on behalf of clients.
We have represented hundreds of personal injury clients in the past and won millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of them. The Super Lawyer and his fellow staff are well-respected Decatur personal injury lawyers. Call The Super Lawyer in Decatur, Georgia at 866-4-LAW-411 to handle your back injury lawsuit and claim maximum benefits to cover your medical bills and lost wages!
What Is a Back Injury?
A back injury is any injury to your back’s bones, connective tissues, joints, nerves, or muscles. Back injuries can cause severe discomfort and pain and lower the quality of your life over time. There can be many causes of back injuries including accidents, herniated discs, strains, fractured vertebrae, and injuries.
What Are the Most Common Types of Back Injuries Caused by Auto Accidents?
Auto accidents can cause a range of back injuries in thoracic, cervical, or lumbar regions. Here are some of the most common types of back injuries caused by auto accidents:
Back Strain and Sprains
Lumbar spine strains and sprains are some of the most common types of back injuries due to car accidents. The force of impact causes the ligaments, muscles, and tendons in the back region to tear or overstretch.
Whiplash is another common back injury due to car accidents. Whiplash occurs when the head and neck suddenly jerk backward and forward. It strains and tears the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the region.
Herniated or Ruptured Discs
The body absorbs a large amount of force during a car accident. This extreme force can cause the supportive discs in the spine to slip out of place. A herniated disc generally causes pain, weakness, and tingling or numbness.
When the spine suffers trauma and is compressed or sustains a serious blow during a car crash, the vertebrae can break. This injury requires immediate treatment.
Spondylolisthesis can be caused due to physical trauma to the spine such as in an auto accident. This is a condition where the spine is unstable, and vertebrae can slip out of place.
Spinal stenosis is a very painful back injury that affects a person’s neck or lower spine. It occurs when the open spaces in the spine narrow, causing pressure on the spinal cord and the nerves leading to the arms and legs.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries are some of the most dangerous injuries that you can sustain from an auto accident. During a collision, the spinal cord can become lacerated, bruised, or damaged due to external pressure.
What Types of Car Accidents Can Trigger Back Injuries?
There are different types of auto accidents that could trigger serious back injuries. Here are some of the most common types of auto accidents that trigger back injuries:
- Rear-end collisions: A rear-end collision happens when a vehicle crashes into the one in front of it.
- T-bone collisions: A T-bone collision is where the front of one car crashes into the side of another vehicle.
- Head-on collisions: During a head-on crash, the vehicle’s front area might collapse. This can seriously injure you and other first-seat occupants.
- Roll-over accidents: You can easily suffer a broken backbone if you are involved in a rollover accident.
- Being ejected from the vehicle: Ejected drivers or passengers are more likely to suffer fatal back injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians struck by motor vehicles are likely to suffer serious back injuries.
How to Treat a Back Injury Following an Auto Accident?
Here are some of the treatment options for a back injury. The first thing to do is to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Home remedies for minor back pain, over-the-counter pain medications, ice, heat, and massage are important to reduce pain.
- TENS Unit – Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation or TENS is an effective treatment for back pain. It uses a low voltage electric current to relieve back pain.
- Physical therapy – Patients suffering from low back pain can relieve their pain with physical therapy.
- Chiropractic care – This is another minimally invasive hands-on treatment for back pain.
- Trigger point injections – TPI is used to treat muscle groups in the back and other areas of the body.
- Surgery – Back surgery is the last resort to treat back pain conditions.
How Do You Prove Fault in a Back Injury Case?
You must prove the negligence of the at-fault party to recover compensation. Proving negligence in Georgia isn’t easy.
Georgia is a modified comparative negligence state. The fault or responsibility for the accident can be apportioned between the defendant and the plaintiff most of the time. You can only recover compensation if you are less than 50% at fault.
That is why you need to work with a qualified and experienced Decatur back injury lawyer when you are seeking maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Types of Expenses Can Be Compensated?
You can obtain economic and non-economic compensation for your injuries caused due to the auto accident. Here are some of the most common economic and non-economic compensation that you may claim:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Long-term care expenses
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Call Our Decatur Back Injury Lawyers Today!
When you suffer serious back injuries due to an auto accident, Georgia’s law allows you to claim maximum compensation from the at-fault party. You need to work with a reputable and experienced personal injury law firm in Decatur, GA when filing your claim.
The Super Lawyer is your trusted partner in Decatur, GA for all your personal injury lawsuits. Call The Super Lawyer in Decatur, Georgia at 866-4-LAW-411 to handle your back injury lawsuit and claim maximum compensation to cover your medical bills and lost wages!